Château de Maisod
Castles and Defense Sites

Château de Maisod

-

The first castle dates back to the Middle Ages. It was destroyed along with the village by the armies of Louis XI in 1477. A new small castle was rebuilt in 1565. It was burnt down and redesigned over the centuries, as in 1865 with the addition of a round tower on the initiative of the Champvans family. It is now a private property. For the anecdote, Alphonse de Lamartine stayed several times at the castle of Maisod (for the first time during the Hundred Days in 1815).

Château de Maisod
Rue du Château
39260 MAISOD
  • Pets not allowed
Château de Maisod

Brochures edited by Montagnes du Jura

Consult our brochure online

En résumé
Write us
Contact the service provider
Privacy Policy *