The village of Chavornay has a historical and religious heritage, notably the church of Saint André. The heritage interest of the church of Saint André is no longer in question, its Romanesque origins are still visible despite the remodelling in 1244 and the amputation of its bell tower during the revolution. Inside, the Romanesque period is present on the pillars and the capitals with sculpted foliage.
The church of Saint André de Chavornay houses many interesting pieces: a fourteenth-century Christ on the cross, a sixteenth-century altarpiece, a stone and walnut baptismal font, and a seventeenth-century polychrome wooden Saint Anthony. The choir is illuminated by a window and the keystones are adorned with rosettes.