The Abbey of Epierre is a former storeroom given by Alix de Coligny in 1216 to the Meyriat charterhouse. It is situated along the Morenaz River. This big building is composed by two square towers of three levels with in the first floor a vault long of 30 metres.
There is a chapel where, in 1947, the son of the General de Gaulle, Philippe de Gaulle unites with Henriette de Montalembert, parent of the owners of this period.
Today, after attempts of reconstruction and several fires, a new owner plans to make relive places.
Prices & Schedules Opening :