For nearly two centuries, the population has used the old bridge at the entrance to the village, on either side of which were built the toll house and the remarkable castle of Jeurre, residence of the Monnier family. These works and the original bridge are due to Mr. Jean-Louis Monnier, born in 1780, Deputy of Jura under Louis Philippe. In 1830, he submitted a proposal to the Jeurre Town Council for the construction, at his own expense, of the only bridge linking the two banks of the Bienne River in Jeurre. In 1837, the toll bridge and castle were completed. Continuing the tradition, the castle still hosts the Monnier family, expanded by many generations.