The Ursuline Convent of Poligny was founded at the beginning of the 17th century to provide an education for the young girls of the town.
Destroyed by fire in 1673, the buildings were rebuilt in the late 17th century.
The convent was abolished during the French Revolution.
The courtyard is accessible all year round from Rue Voltaire or Rue Victor Hugo.
Historic Monuments, 1992