Chapelle de la délivrance
Religious heritage

Chapelle de la délivrance


Several hundred-year-old lime trees surround the Chapel of Our Lady of Deliverance built on this site in 1828 on the ruins of the old chapel dedicated to Saint Claude dating from 1568 (Spanish period) and destroyed in 1793; it contained a statue of Our Lady of Mercy.
The chapel, slightly uphill on the right, overlooks the plain of Chaux d'Arlier and the Drugeon valley. Trees and a new history lesson await: these are the justice woods. Lime trees from whose branches thieves and criminals of all kinds were hanged under the reign of the Counts of Chalon.

Chapelle de la délivrance

Brochures edited by Montagnes du Jura

Consult our brochure online

En résumé
Write us
Contact the service provider
Privacy Policy *