This chapel was built in 1835 by the abbot LOUVRIER
Adjacent to the girls' school, hence the dedication to Saint Philomena, martyred at the age of fifteen according to legend
An inscription "Filumena" (transcribed as Philomena) was taken as the name of the person buried, who was herself identified as a young virgin and martyr in the enthusiasm of the time, although there is no historical certainty. A picture of this young woman is fixed on the wall of the choir.
In 1845 the council of the Hospitals-Old called upon the architect Pompey (well known in the area) to enlarge and equip the chapel with a belfry.
The mayor Mr ROBBE and the councillors vote the project.
The agreement of the prefect intervenes in August 1847.
In addition to the bell tower, the estimate included a confessional, a communion table, the restoration of the altar, the baptismal fonts, the woodwork, the stalls and an entrance door.
The corners of the building will have to be reused in the masonry.
The amount of the expenditure 6 231.94 francs
The contractors designated are the named Vuillamier of Pontarlier; Paquette of the Hôpitaux-Neufs and Lanquetin of Longevilles.
The work was completed and approved by the prefect on 9 March 1847
In 1933, the stained glass windows and the oculus of the tribune by the master glass artist from Nancy, Joseph Benoit, gave beautiful colours to the building
S : ADD serie M (3 and 7)