In 1877, four nuns settled down in the convent, which becomes "the House of Saint Joseph's sisters". They create a girls' school, called "Free school of Thoiry". The girls were taught religion, grammar, reading, writing, and mathematics. The number of sisters varied from 2 to 5.
This long building has three floors. The facade's architecture is very regular, and made of six spans. It is very special because it is one of the two only buildings in the Pays de Gex to have conserved traces of paint, along with the old presbytery in St-Genis Pouilly.
Prices & Schedules Opening :