The church is dedicated to Saint-Jean-Baptiste. The parish of Cerdon is named for the 1st time in the year 1000 and recovers from the chapter of the Cathedral of Lyon.
In 1756, the church is almost completely reconstructed and enlarged by 15 feet Peculiarity: it dates 1103, very medieval date. Another very old paving stone is arranged on left side of the choir. There are some inscriptions on it in Gothic characters but we can read "Cerdon" on a side and on the other one, is engraved fish emblem of the first Christians.