It is a discreet monument, hidden at the end of a small courtyard, itself enclosed by a splendid 15th century porch, in the rue des Cordeliers in Lons-le-Saunier. But it is a magnificent church, originally built in the 13th century, and which, as a result of numerous fires, now dates essentially from the 18th century (particularly its Jesuit-style façade, completed in 1731).
Inside, three sets of furniture are listed as Historic Monuments: the pulpit (1728, the work of the Lédonian cabinet-makers Lamberthoz), the large organs (circa 1845 Callinet organs) and the choir stalls (circa 1828, late Louis XVI style).
A crypt, now inaccessible, is the burial place of the Chalon family, powerful lords of the town in the Middle Ages.
To be seen: Jesuit style façade and its revolutionary inscription, large Callinet organs, 19th century stalls with musical instruments and a preaching pulpit...
Free visit according to opening hours.
Guided tour for a fee for groups of 5 or more: firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 84 24 65 01.
- Pets not allowed
From 01/01/23 to 31/12/23