Built between 1850 and 1875 on request of Cardinal Mathieu to assert the Catholic reconquest over Lutheranism, the church of Saint Maimboeuf dominates the city.
It has rich facade adornments in Neo-Renaissance style. Inside, a polychrome wood altarpiece faces the wooden organ of the same proportions (10 metres high) at the other end of the church. It was listed as a historic monument in 1994.
Open every day 8am to 6pm (except during religious services).