Until 1622, the church of Saint-Maurice was located "Eu bas du mont", in the middle of the current cemetery, it was the parish church. In 1662, with the permission of the bishop of Lausanne (CH), on which the parish depended, a first church was built on the present site, as a dependency of St Catherine des Hôpitaux-Neufs. Threatened with ruin, this first building was replaced by the present one, which, because of its style and location, fits perfectly into the old fortifications.
The bell tower destroyed in 1870 was replaced by a pyramidal bell tower, far removed from the "Comtois" style, which survived until 1982, when the present bell tower was built, reconstructed from documents dating from before 1870. At the same time, the roof was redone and the walls were renovated. These various and expensive works were carried out with the help of the municipality.
The bell tower houses three bells as beautiful as the church that houses them:
Bell 1: "Carola-Martha", Diameter 152.8cm, weight 2,385 kg, Cast by Jules Robert, in Metz in 1898, Sings C3 (Low). Its godfather : Charles Monnier, its godmother : Mathilde Labrut.
Bell 2: "Adelais-Mathildis", Diameter 122,3 cm, Weight 1 225 kg, Cast by Jules Robert, in Metz in 1898, sings E3. Its godfather : Abbé Ed. Poix, its godmother : Mathilde Vandel.
Bell 3: "Juliana-Carolina", Diameter 100,9 cm, Weight 688 kg, Cast by Jules Robert, in Metz, in 1898, Singing the G. Its godfather : G. Vandel, its godmother : Mme. Monnier.
Free visit all year long.
- Pets not allowed