On the road to Arçon, shortly before the crossroads of the road from Pontarlier to Morteau, in a cluster of trees and surrounded by a low wall topped by a gate, this stone oratory with a square plan is about 4 m high and flanked at the 4 corners by radiating buttresses that originate at the base of the stone roof with 2 slopes. Four pinnacles surmount them. The summit cross has fallen off. On the facade, a lancet bay bordered by a small arch and highlighted by a boudin is closed by an iron door with an eight-lobed rose, flanked by shamrocks and by a dormant transom in which a Greek cross with flowers is cut out. In a medallion above the door, one can read the Marian monogram and at the bottom left of the door the date 1866. Inside, there are two credences, and a strong pillar supports the statue of Our Lady of La Salette.
Charles Maire, nicknamed the "pilgrim of Mary", originally from Doubs, died in Voiron in 1865. In his will, he expressed the wish that the oratory he wanted to build to Our Lady of La Salette be built in his field of Cognet. This wish was fulfilled and this small building, decorated with 4 belfries, between Doubs and Arçon, contains a group of Our Lady executed in Grenoble. It was blessed in 1866 and passers-by stop to say an AVE MARIA.
Source : Les oratoires du Doubs, Paul Dieudé