In the barn, under the converted shed, the exhibition of old stone tools highlights the quality and importance of the work of all the generations of quarrymen and stonecutters in our villages. They built our castles, our churches, then our houses, our communal ovens, our wash houses. This exhibition also pays tribute to all our sculptor friends.
Many sculptures are scattered around the village of Vongnes, near the Caveau Bugiste, including a sculpted mountain and in the Caveau sculptures in stone, many from Hauteville, and in wood.
At the Caveau Bugiste :
- Museum of Winegrowing Traditions
- Collection of corkscrews (over 800) and liqueur glasses (over 500)
- Vinorama "Tourism, Viticulture and Gastronomy in the Land of Brillat Savarin": documentary presenting the Ain, the Bugey, its history, its vineyards, its gastronomy, the cultivation of the vine, the vinification of the different grape varieties, the distillation and the ageing of alcohols.
- Temporary exhibitions of painting and sculpture.
- Tasting of wines from the cellar and local products (terrines, honeys, jams, oils, biscuits, sausages)
- 04 79 87 92 32
- Credit card
- Pets welcome
From 02/01/23 to 31/12/23