Created in 1977, Pontarlier Museum is located in one of the town’s oldest buildings (15th century). The building features a fine series of Art Nouveau style stained-glass windows and beams embellished with painted historical motifs from the 17th century.
Pontarlier Museum has collections on three floors concerning the history of the town and absinthe, archaeological collections (from Prehistory to the Middle Ages), Comté paintings and earthenware.
Temporary exhibitions are held on a regular basis focusing on a wide variety of themes.
Musée municipal d'Art et d'Histoire 2 Place d'Arçon25300 PONTARLIER
- 03 81 38 82 16
- Credit card, Cheques and postal orders, Cash
- Pets not allowed
- Specific theme activities
- Adult workshop
- Junior workshop
- Temporary exhibitions
Prices & Schedules Prices :
- Base rate - full rate adult : 4.5€
- Group rate (Guided tour for groups of 15 to 25 people) : 20€
- Gratuities (Under 26 years old.)
- Rate for unemployed persons : 2.5€
- Student's rate : 2.5€
- School rate : 2.5€
Brochures edited by Montagnes du Jura
We tell you more