A beautiful village with well-maintained facilities. Monuments: the Château de Chevroz, listed as a historic monument in 1988, the Church of Saint-Nicolas 14 dating from 1781, the wash-house dating from 1894.
Under the Ancien Régime, Chevroz was divided between several seigneuries. In the 11th century, the abbey of Saint-Vincent de Besançon owned the mill and the oven. The Montfaucon family also owned property there, through whom the village passed successively to the Myon, Laubespin, Oiselay and Scey families. In the 18th century, the Richemonts acquired Chevroz and took up residence in the castle. The village became part of the parish of Bussières and then of Geneuille in 1705. In the 19th century, the mill was converted into a paper mill, which operated until 1950. The village's heritage includes a church dating from 1781, a wash-house dating from 1894 and a fountain dating from 1836. The main attraction is the 15th-century château (listed building), with its four square towers topped by a pyramidal roof, which must have protected a ford over the Ognon. A south-facing facade was added to the park in the 18th century. The estate covered more than 400 hectares and was home to some magnificent trees that can still be admired today.
Source: Le Patrimoine des communes du Doubs & La route des communes